Anziani e Non Solo is a NGO working since 2004 in the field of social innovation, with a specific focus on management of projects and realization of services and products in the field of welfare and social inclusion.
The activities carried out by Anziani e Non Solo concern:
- Active ageing, intergenerational activities and support to frail and dependent elderly
- Training and support to family carers, informal and formal carers
- Prevention of elder abuse and discrimination
- Support and empowerment of disadvantaged young persons: skills development, social inclusion and school to work transition
- Fight against poverty, support to employability and to social inclusion of disadvantaged groups
- Social project management
- Social research
- Pilot projects in the social field
- Training and e-learning
- Validation of informally acquired skills
- Services for information, counselling and matching between job offer and demand in the care field
- Development of web sites and software packages for workers of social offices and employment services
Within its activities, ANS has promoted several projects at local, National and European level and it has strong networking capacities with local and regional administrations, foundations, NGOs, trade unions, job centers, social cooperatives.
Anziani e Non Solo employs a staff of 11 with relevant experience in the areas of intervention and is:
- Registered as a social research institution
- Member of AGE Platform Europe (the European platform of older people organizations)
- Member of Eurocarers (the European Network of organizations working with informal carers)
- Member of EMIL – The European Network for Intergenerational Learning
- Member of the Italian Antidiscrimination Network
- Member of the INPEA (international network for the prevention of elder abuse) and GAROP (Global Alliance for the Right of Older Persons).
ANS is currently the Italian leading organization in the field of support and advocacy for informal carers and domestic care workers. We have been pioneers in the country in providing support services for this target group and – as promoters of the umbrella association CAR.ER. – we have advocated for the recognition of informal carers in Italy and we obtained the approval of the first Italian regional law in this respect (Emilia Romagna – L.2/2014). Our e-learning course for informal carers has registered almost 1000 users so far, while our Facebook group for informal carers has almost 600 registered users. On the other hand, ANS has worked since its foundation to support domestic care workers working with older persons through training (including e-learning), counselling, support to employability. Our e-learning course in 7 languages for domestic care workers “Aspasia” has reached over 4.000 users and has been acknowledged as a best-practice for E-Inclusion by the EC. On the other hand, we still provide counselling services and training at community level, reaching an average of over 300 care workers per year.